Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Reading

I love books. I think I have loved them even before I could read. I can slightly remember a time before I could read when I would watch my older sisters with a novel in their hands and wonder how they could memorize all those words! I was jealous of them and couldn't wait for my chance to read a novel not those short children's books. It seems in the past I usually always have a book on hand I'm in the middle of and I use to have to read before I ever went to sleep. This summer my job, I have to admit, is definintly one of the easiest jobs I've ever had (besides having to answer so many questions I use to not know how to answer) It gets boring at times and ten hour shifts can get long!! So I always have a book with me and if I don't have one I go crazy! Somedays, like today, I finish my book by 11 or 12 which leaves me with nothing to do all day but sit and hope that someone will text me and entertain me. Reading a entertaining novel is so thrilling sometimes I get lost in another world so easily I forget where I'm at. Now that's what books are all about. Here are some of my recent favorites that I've read and loved. Lois Lowry's The Gift and also Gathering Blue. If you haven't read these I highly recommend them. Apparantly there's a third book that is a companion to these two that I have yet to find. It is called Messenger. Also, since I'm a fan of romance novels I've read some books by Nicholas Sparks that have been entertaining but also maybe a little too romantic and a little too detailed. I haven't decided quite yet if I really like Nicholas Sparks even though I like the movies that are based on his novels. My favorite books of all time are The Chronicles of Narnia, The Work and the Glory Series, Twiligh Series (of course), and Les Miserables.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Check out the shopaholic books. You would like them. Author is Sophie Kinsella.

Liz said...

Although there is a lot of, um, swearing, in the shopaholic books. But I'm immune. Also, please don't ever read a Nicholas Sparks book again. Also, thanks for taking my suggestions...oh wait, you didn't. :( (That's a frowny face.)

Liz said...

Also, erm, please don't ever tell me that Twilight are your favorite books. Also, please read my novel when I get it finished. That's all.

Heather and Garrett said...

Holy Cow! Aly! I'm so glad you have a blog! YAY! I wish I would have known sooner! OH my gosh! How are you cute girl! I miss you so much! My life is so crazy up here! I am so busy with working two jobs and going to school full time! YIKES! But anyway I miss you so much and I hope you are having fun! It looks like you are! WOW! Girl I wish all the best for you! You'll have to me when you're going home or something and I'll come down. I want to see you so bad! Much love!