Thursday, December 22, 2011

Feeling Inspired

This week has been kind of a roller coaster when it comes to my emotions. I go from wanting to cry, to being so angry I just want to punch something or someone, then to feeling totally happy and energetic. I have realized more and more just how much control I have over my emotions and my attitude. Tonight for a minute, I wanted to cry. The tears were barely starting to come when I said to myself, "Stop. You waste too much time being sad over things out of your control. You have so much to live for and so much to be happy about! You are young and you are beautiful and have so much to offer." As I had this pep talk with myself I grew incredibly happy and comforted. I am tired of the sadness and the thinking I'm not good enough or pretty enough. I am tired of depression and seeing people I am close to suffer from feelings of depression and hopelessness. Life is full of good things and we just have to learn to let go of the hurt and pain that comes to all of us. This brings me to my new idea and my new goal for my blog. I am going to make it a point every day to find something good and inspiring, which could be anything from a song, a story, a picture, etc and share it here.
To start I want to share this song. Since it is almost Christmas and our thoughts should be turned to Christ, I feel this song is appropriate for what my feelings are this season.

No comments: