Monday, October 11, 2010

Here goes

Long time, no blog posts. Oops. I have no idea if anyone other than my immediate family reads my blog and quite honestly it doesn't matter to me who reads this and who doesn't. It's purpose is for me so with that said I just want to express a few thoughts and feelings.... Warning: Will be spiritual :)

** We all go through trials and hardships in our lives. Some people's hard times may seem more difficult than others but who are we to judge how "difficult" ones trial is from our own? With that said, sometimes we feel like no one really understands, no one really knows how we feel and maybe, just maybe no human being really knows. But what's comforting to me is that we're never alone. Christ knows. He feels our pain, He knows what we're going through. Sometimes we just need to be reminded of this. :) And I want to add a quote from a talk given by Elder David. A. Bednar. It has become my favorite and I read it often:
-"There is no physical pain, no anguish of soul, no suffering of spirit, no infirmity or weakness that you or I ever experience during our mortal journey that the Savior did not experience first. You and I in a moment of weakness may cry out, 'No one understands. No one knows.' No human being, perhaps, knows. But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He felt and bore our burdens before we ever did. And because He paid the ultimate price and bore that burden. He has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm of mercy in so many phases of our life. He can reach out, touch, and succor--literally run to us-- and strengthen us to be more than we could ever be and help us do that which we could never do through relying only upon our own power."
** Happiness is "a state of mind." Being happy is in our control. I have heard many times that we can't let other people control our happiness. Although I may not always demonstrate this, I believe it. We can find things that matter in our lives and things we care about and find happiness in that. It is often the small and simple things. I am challenging myself to say to myself every day "I will be happy. I will take whatever gets thrown at me and not allow any one person ruin my happiness. I will smile often."
** I will find ways every day to serve others, to think about others. Too much lately, I have thought too much about myself. So here's to giving service and being involved with agencies that need volunteers and help. It's my career choice :)
** I think that's all for now. More stories and thoughts to come!

No comments: