Friday, November 7, 2008

Call me weird but.....

So, a few weeks ago while I was visiting a friend in Provo, I was introduced to something and it immediately sparked my interest. For quite awhile now, I have been wanting to purchase a guitar and learn how to play it. It's on my "I want to do this before I die list." But I have not given in to temptation just yet, luckily. The "something" I mentioned earlier is somewhat similar to the guitar and as I played around on my friend's I knew I wanted it. Even a week after that I was still pondering and wishing and longing on the thought of how cool it would be if I owned one and learned how to play it. So last Monday, I made my way into the music store and I bought it. Just like that and it's mine. Ok, alright I'll say what it is as long as you don't think I'm weird. (Mom, that goes to you.) I bought a ukulele. How cool is that? I've had it for a week and I have loved it and haven't regretted the purchase at all. I still haven't quite mastered the task of doing three things at once (strumming, changing cords, and singing) but I'll get there. Family- you should look forward to Thanksgiving as it is my goal to have learned a song by then and play it for you. Wish me luck!


With that said, I have one final thought for the day. I have the bestest friend anyone could ask for. He has been there for me when I've felt I had no friends here in Cedar City. He listens when I talk, he gives advice (excellent advice I must say), he helps me with whatever I need including school stuff, fixing my car, tuning my ukulele, etc, he has bought me dinner countless times and will not let me repay him at all in any form, etc etc etc etc. I could name everything he's ever done for me since I met him and I'd still be typing tomorrow. He's fun; he lightens up my mood when I'm having a hard time. I could never repay in any way for everything he's done for me and besides he wouldn't let me. So with all that said my initial thought is- I feel blessed and incredibly grateful to have him as my friend. His friendship to me is priceless.

3 comments:

Cardine said...

Yes, he is a good friend. I want to hear you play the ukelele!

Liz said...

You bought a ukelele.

Bubba said...

Awww....