Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Update- I got a job

So, I guess I should let everyone who reads my blog know that I got a job. It seemed for the past month (I started applying at places long before I actually became unemployed) I was applying EVERYWHERE! I was getting really frustrated and tired of filling out job application after job application. So pretty much out of desperation, I applied for Convergy's and immediately was set up for an interview two days after I applied, then was offered the job the day of my interview. For those of you who don't know, Convergy's is a company that does inbound call centers for different companies everywhere. Here in Cedar City, it is the Customer Service Line for At&t customers. It is strictly inbound so that is definitly a bonus. I had heard many things about Convergy's being a horrible place to work and how difficult the job was. BUT I decided to take the job because 1) During my interview process it didn't seem like a bad place to work. 2) Also during my interview, I saw dozens people come in and out and I thought "If he or she can do this job, I certainly can do it." 3) It pays well. (I won't be having a pay cut from my last job, which payed excellent.) 4) They offer tuition reimbursement plus benefits. 5) The center is never opened on Sundays.
So with those reasons, I figured after the five weeks of training I can do this job! I started my training yesterday and the training goes Monday thru Friday 7:00 AM (ick) to 2:30. So far, it's been a lot of information and there's some weird and interesting people in my training class. I hope to make friends with some of them since I will be seeing them every day for the next five weeks. (ick again) I'll survive and plus I'm thinking I'll get some confidence and it'll boost my self-esteem. Go ME!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Congrats! I'm sure you'll be fine, you're tough. And just remember...I used to sell perfume on the streets. Lol! I also worked in a call center where we called people and asked them to do surveys. It wasn't so bad.

Brenda said...

Yea! I'm glad you are so positive. Keep up the great attitude. Remember a means to an end.