Friday, July 18, 2008

Looking back


Lately, I’ve been reminiscing a lot on my high school days as a cheerleader. It’s been just over a year since I’ve put on that skirt and yelled for my team and oh how I miss it. Cheerleading was my passion. It was my life. Everything I did revolved around cheerleading. I guess four years of it just wasn’t quite enough since now I would give anything to go back and just cheer for one more game, do one more dance and do one more stunt. I loved everything about it including the early morning practices, the long bus rides, and the long and endless hours of perfecting a solid competition routine. There was something about yelling, jumping, dancing and stunting that made me feel happy and energetic. I felt a sense of pride in my school when I was cheering and at times I felt tears of joy because of the school spirit we had. However not all times as a cheerleader were happy. Times like when a team had an upset loss, or when we didn’t do well at cheer competition, and even when my dream of becoming cheer captain didn’t happen brought tears of sorrow and upset. But, now as I look back these things weren’t what really mattered. I don’t remember now what games the teams lost and what the scores were and because I had so much fun my senior year I was glad I wasn’t made captain. All that matters now is the memories I made. And what great memories!!! I will defiantly never forget them. We cried when it was all over but now as I reminisce I smile because it happened.

No comments: